Monday, February 13, 2006

HAPPY FEAST DAY OF BL. JORDAN OF SAXONY!



On this feast of Blessed Jordan of Saxony, I have finally emerged from the "black hole" of arduous manuscript proofing and website designing to announce the creation of a page devoted entirely to Bl. Jordan (situated on our monastery website). The page includes articles and information on this wonderful friar preacher who is a model and intercessor for so many Dominicans. It is my hope that this will be a real forum for learning and "evangelizing" others about him. I encourage our Dominican brothers and sisters to contribute any articles and/or homilies. Just e-mail me.

One of the articles offered is Bro. Lawrence Lew, O.P.'s three-part presentation on Jordan which appeared at Brother's blog, Contemplata aliis tradere. In fact, he has just posted another marvelous piece on Jordan, which I hope he will let me include on the page. So, I cordially invite you make sure to celebrate the feast of Bl. Jordan in a most worthy and fitting way by getting to know him better by clicking here.

And, yes, a page devoted to Bl. Diana d'Andalo is also in the works, and will hopefully be completed before her feast day (June 8)!

3 Comments:

Blogger charlieally said...

You are amazing! So smart. Can we come visit in March and stay the night?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Thanks for your compliments, Sister and please feel free to re-use whatever you wish. All for the greater glory of God!

Happy Feast day!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa Julia Photography said...

I don't know that anyone will see this but i just started reading this book after noticing it on the Dominican Nuns of NJ's website. I love it so far!! It explains beautifully that art of Spiritual Christian Friendship....something today's world could better understand, myself included!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home